- It is unobtrusive. Your templates are 100% valid HTML 5.
- It is simple. No confusing, error‐prone mapping code to write.
- It is visual. Design in the browser or your favourite visual editor. Use mock data in your templates.
- It is DRY. Use the same template on server and on client.
Hello Badge is a simple 4‐part series of examples. It is the ‘Hello, world!’ of Set and introduces the core concepts.
Play with this site locally
- Install Set:
npm install indie-set
- Change to the Set folder:
- Start the server:
Go to http://localhost:3000 and play!
Note: Set is written in CoffeeScript.
npm install -g coffee-script
- A comparison of Set, Handlebars, and Plates with static data.
- App.net global timeline example (template, template with real data)
- App.net global timeline with client‐side updates using the same template.
- App.net global timeline example with profiling Check the console for timings.
Grab the source code from Set’s Git repository.
- To run the tests, simply execute
- Client‐side tests
Set is based on the excellent Distal template engine.